Exciting new course, same flat and fast race.
The 7 Sunshine Coast Marathon is known for many things including its scenic course that's not only spectator friendly but flat and fast. In its third year we have made exciting changes to the course, working hard with Main Road, Sunshine Coast Regional Council, the police, competitors and of course residents and businesses. Click on the map below for a larger version.
In 2014 we have been able to extend the course which will give athletes and spectators the most scenic course and best possible viewing and cheering opportunities.
The 7 Sunshine Coast Marathon will start with a 21.1km loop and then complete two fast, flat and scenic 10.55km laps, running past the finish area each time to the cheers of friends, family and spectators.
The McDonald's Half Marathon is similar to the full, with entrants running over Alexandra Headland hill (once only) into Mooloolaba and back and then completing a SINGLE fast, flat and scenic lap out towards Maroochydore River bridge and back to the Alex Surf Club finish chute.
The Westpac 10km event is a fast, flat loop, with the Love & Partners 5km and the Queensland Government 2km participants completing a smaller loop on the same course
The spectator-friendly course with its stunning natural backdrop will ensure a must-do event with local, interstate and international runners alike. Avoid the disappointment, enter early and be part of history.
Changed traffic conditions
- Brisbane Road – Amarina Ave to Foote St*
- Brisbane Road – Foote St. to Mooloolaba Esp
- Mooloolaba Esplanade – Brisbane Road to Buderim Mooloolaba Road
- Beach Terrace
* Emergency vehicles and local traffic access to Foote Street and Parkyn Pde.
Alexandra Headland Closures
- Alexandra Parade - Buderim Road to Okinja Rd*
*A slip lane is available on Alexandra Parade from Pacific Terrace to Okinja Road travelling north to Maroochydore; note this is a slip lane at 40km/hour.
- Boolarong Crescent
- Alexandra Pde – Okinja Rd to Sixth Ave (South bound only)
- Mandin St
- Edward St – Mandin St to Mayfield St
- Mayfield St – Juan St to Alex Pde.
Cotton Tree Closures
- 5th Ave – Melrose Pde to Beach Pde
- Melrose Pde – Sixth Ave to fifth Ave
- Beach Pde – Fifth Ave to Sixth Ave
- Kingsford Smith Pde – Fifth Avenue to Sixth Avenue
- 6th Av - Aerodrome Rd to Memorial Ave
- Melrose Parade – Sixth Avenue to Alexandra pde
- Memorial Av – King St to Alex Pde
- Beach Pde - Sixth Ave to Alexandra Pde
- Kingsford Smith Pde – 6th Ave to Alex pde
- Alexandra Parade
- Cotton Tree Parade
- The Esplanade, Cotton Tree
- Bradman Avenue – Yinni St to O’Connor St*
- Duporth Avenue – Ball St to O’Connor St.**
- Duporth Avenue** - The Esplanade (Cotton Tree) to Ball St.
- Ocean Street – Roundabout to Duporth Ave
- Picnic Point Esplanade
*A detour is in place via Broadwater Ave.
**A slip lane is available on Duporth Ave from Beach Rd to Ball St travelling north; note this is a slip lane at 40km/hour
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Event Hotline: 07 5351 1826
The 7 Sunshine Coast Marathon & Community Run Festival committee would like to thank all residents and businesses in advance for their support of this exciting sporting event, one that will further enhance the Sunshine Coast as a vibrant and welcoming destination. And from Ronald McDonald Charities and those families in need; a special thank you for your support.
The course will be manned by QLD Police and a specialist road management company, along with volunteers. Road closures and detours will be in clearly shown, please follow all directions given by the event management team.
All buses within this area will be redirected between 4am and 1pm on Sunday, August 31. Services will operate, with small changes. For more information please visit www.sunbus.com.au