Start your 7 Sunshine Coast Marathon weekend early with the inaugural Running with the Stars event on Friday August 18.
A race not to be missed, teams of four Sunshine Coast celebrities will battle it out at the Alexandra Headland Surf Club for the honour of being named the inaugural 7SCM Star Runners.
Join the crowd and cheer on your favourite team of athletes (or non-athletes as the case may be) as they complete a 4 x 500m course. Stick around for post-race selfies and signatures from all your favourite runners.
The fun doesn’t stop there as we dim the lights and put up a big screen for the annual family friendly outdoor movie. Bring your picnic rugs and cushions, grab some food from the vendors and settle in for a great night out.
Cheer on your favourite local celebrities for Running with the Stars on Friday August 17 at 5pm.
- Super Netball champions, the Sunshine Coast Lightning Netball team
- Radio legends, HOT 91.1
- Television favourities, Channel 7 Queensland
- Wheelie good car stars, Crick’s Auto Group
- Rockers for Knockers, anchored by Councillor Jason O’Pray
- Real-estate gun runners, Ray White