Q. Can I transfer my entry to someone else?
A. Transfers to another person will be available.
Details on how to transfer to another person can be found here
Q. Can I transfer my distance?
A. Transfers of distance will be subject to the availability of races.
Details on how to transfer to another distance can be found here
Q. Where are the best places to park for the event?
A. All parking information can be found here.
Q. Are personal drinks/nutrition allowed on course?
- Special/personal drinks are for the marathon event only
- Drinks must be in sealed, leak-proof containers, no taller than 21cm and clearly marked with your name/race number and the relevant aid station where it is to be placed.
- Special needs can be placed at the 6.7km, 10.3km, 14.4km, 19.5km, 22.1km, 25.7km, 30.1km, 32.7km, 36.4km, 39km and 40.5km aid stations.
- Special Drinks are to be left in the designated aid station tub at registration by no later than 1pm Saturday 13 August.
- It is your responsibility to find your own special needs bottle at each designated aid station
- Dispose of bottles in waste bins – please do not litter the course
- Unclaimed drinks will be disposed of
Q. Where are the aid stations located?
A. AID STATION LOCATIONS :
- AS1 – 4.1km (Water)
- AS2 – 6.7 km, 22.1km, 32.7km (Water, Infinit and Special Needs)
- AS3 – 8.6 km, 24km, 34.6km (Water, Infinit)
- AS4a – 10.3km, 25.7km, 36.4km (Water, Infinit and Special Needs)
- AS5a – 12.2km (Water)
- AS6 – 14.4 km (Water, Infinit and Special Needs)
- AS5b – 15.9km (Water)
- AS4b – 17.8km, 28.4km, 39km (Water, Infinit)
- AS7 – 19.5km, 30.1km, 40.5km (Water, Infinit and Special Needs)
Q. Will there be pace runners?
Marathon Paces: 3:15, 3:30, 3:45, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30.
Half Marathon Paces: 1:24, 1:30, 1:45, 2:00, 2:15
Q. Can I run with a pram?
A. Yes – you are welcome to run with a pram in any of the distances, however, we please ask out of courtesy to other runners to please start at the back.
Q. Can I run with headphones?
A. Yes you are welcome to run with headphones, but please be mindful of volunteers, police and ambulance, and other runners.
Q. When can I collect my bib?
A. Please find all registration information here.
Q. Will you post out my race bib?
A. During the registration process please select ‘bib mailed to me’. This will be offered up until 5pm on Sunday 10 July 2022. Your bib will be mailed to the address you input into the registration system. Please expect to see your bib in the mail on or before Thursday 11 August 2022. Bib Mail out incurs a $15 fee.
Q. Will you post out my pre-purchased merchandise?
A. Pre-purchased merchandise will be available for collection from the Merchandise store at the times below:
• Friday 12 August 2022, 1pm – 6pm
• Saturday 13 August 2022, 10am – 4pm
• Sunday 14 August 2021, 6:30am – 12:30pm
Merchandise must be collected at the event.
No merchandise will be mailed out prior to or after race day.
Q. Do I need to enter if I am running with my child?
A. Yes all persons participating need to register. If you are already entered in an alternative distance and would like to accompany your child you do not need to enter again. Please leave your bib on to show you are a registered participant.
Q. Can I walk my event?
A. Yes you are welcome to walk the 10km, 5km and 2km events, but please be mindful that roads will reopen at 12:00pm and all participants must be finished by then. We encourage you to choose a distance you know you will be able to complete by 12:00pm.
Q. What date determines the competitor’s age category?
A. The age group determination is taken from the competitor’s age on race day.
Q. How do I enter a team?
A: Teams are a great addition to the Sunshine Coast Marathon. It’s a great opportunity for family, friends, or work colleagues to come together and work towards a common fitness goal. Team members don’t have to run the same distance. Please click here for instructions on how to register your team.
Q. We are a team, can we put up our team tent?
A. You absolutely can, but you must contact us to be allocated a space number. See more details here.
Q. I am a food or drink vendor, where can I apply for a spot at the Event?
A. Food and drink vendors will be limited and contacted directly by the Atlas Events Team.